September 11, 2008

Altered Dress

I bought this purple dress that I felt was too short and a little plain.  I don't know why they're making dresses so short these days.  Dresses are turning into shirts and shirts are turning into "dresses."  Even though my definition of a dress is something that covers your butt, and these shirt-"dresses"  certainly don't do that....... 



Anyway, I had a vision of adding a thin white strip and a wider navy blue strip of cloth to the bottom, and here it is finished!  It looks a lot better on.  



BUT.....a few weeks later, I got an Alloy catalog in the mail, and look what I found!  They copied my idea!  It's exactly the same, except for the top.  Hm, I guess I'll take it as a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that alloy dress.. They definitely copied you.
Anyway, nice food pics
-Meg

Beth said...

Thank you Megs.