October 3, 2008

Reusing yarn

About a year or two ago, I bought this scarf from H&M.  Actually I got it for free on clearance!  Anyway, it's a really dark grey and it's made of nice thick chunky yarn, and it's really soft.  But it looks like I have a tumor on my neck if I wear it, so I decided to take it apart to use the yarn for something else.  Yay I'm green!  
I knew it was going to be time consuming, but I didn't realize exactly how long it would take.


So 9  1/2 hours later, yes, nine and a half, I have a gigantic ball of yarn.  The green yarn is for size comparison.

And this is all the excess that kept coming off when I pulled it through all the loops!  It's perfect for felting, except felting is one thing I haven't tried.  Hm. 

So I'm not sure what to do with my huge yarn ball.

No comments: