November 8, 2008

Apples and potatoes!

Mm, apple crisp!  I know you want some.  After flipping through recipes and cookbooks yesterday to find a something to make with a fruit basket full of apples and finding nothing that caught my eye, I realized that I wanted something simple and that I hadn't had in a while.  It was delicious!

Apple Crisp
5 cups thinly sliced apples
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tables. flour
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1/4 cup water

1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 teas. baking powder
1/8 teas. baking soda
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350F.  Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 in pan.  Mix the white sugar, 1 tables. flour, and cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples.  Pour water evenly over all.  Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together.  Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.  Bake for about 45 minutes.


And for dinner last night, I made my section of the pizza very...different.
Here it is in all its grease and glory:
The crust isn't homemade, it's a boboli.
Layer 1: Thin layer of garlic alfredo sauce
Layer 2: Pepperoni pieces
Layer 3: Shredded mozzarella cheese
Layer 4: Potato pieces covered with garlic oil, garlic powder, oregano, and salt and pepper.
Layer 5: Cubes of wild garlic havarti cheese, which melted into nice little cheese blobs.

It was pretty good.  I especially enjoyed the havarti and the slight hint of the pepperoni buried underneath everything.

No comments: