December 2, 2008

Pumpkin Fudge


I've never made fudge before, but I found this recipe for pumpkin candy and thought of making pumpkin fudge.  I had leftover pumpkin from my pumpkin roll cake, so a half recipe worked out well.  Recipe found at All Recipes.  And of course mine looks nothing like the picture there....it looks soft and a bit creamy, so I don't know what I did wrong because mine is on the firm side and isn't creamy.


Pumpkin Fudge (full recipe)
3 cups sugar
1 cup milk
3 tables. light corn syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1/4 teas. ginger
1/4 teas. allspice
1/8 teas. nutmeg
1  1/2 teas. vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Grease an 8x8 pan.  In a 3 quart saucepan, mix sugar, milk, corn syrup, pumpkin, and salt.  Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.  
Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling; do not stir.  When it reaches 232F, remove pan from heat.  Stir in spices, vanilla, butter, and nuts.  Cool to lukewarm (110F).  Beat mixture until it's very thick and loses some of its gloss.  Quickly poor into a greased pan.  When cool cut into 36 pieces.

2 comments:

Lala said...

what! pun-kin fudge! missy, i hope you are considering making that for me. i think i might die if i get some. die from orgasm-like fits of delight :)throw in some apple harvest blondies or strawberry milkshakes or pun-kin muffins and im dead on arrival.

Beth said...

Haha, but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. I might try out another recipe.