January 1, 2009

Now we're getting there

I finished two new altered book pages!  Now this is how I wanted my pages to look like:
(I held back too much in my early pages.)

Two gold leaves fell off already...I'll have to attach them a different way.  I was playing around with the bodies and my faces for a while, but I didn't have any ideas for a background.  It came out better than I had hoped!

The next page I was told is a bit morbid.
But I like it.

The middle skeleton I attached with a string so it can move, and the painted playing cards at the top rotate:


2 comments:

Homely Homo said...

now that's what i'm talking about.
i wouldn't even know how to go about doing an altered book..
love how you used coffee to stain the morbid page
plus, i'm totally honored that you used the mutter museum book

Beth said...

I don't even know how to. I always have ideas and then they get constipated.
I love the mutter museum :]