February 28, 2009

Sort of apple pie

Whenever I make apple pie, I snack on the cinnamon-covered apples, and I had a huge craving for them a few days ago.  So I chopped up an apple and sprinkled it with brown sugar and cinnamon, threw in some walnuts and raisins and warmed it in the microwave for a bit.  It's topped with vanilla yogurt which tastes amazing with the cinnamon apples.  I suppose I'll call it...raw apple pie without a crust?  Maybe just healthy apple pie!  It was perfect to eat while curled up in the most comfortable chair in your house.  I made the apple pie again for my family to eat along with a garlic pork roast and really fluffy mashed potatoes!  After creating this, I don't know if I'll bother making real apple pie; you can make this version in 5 minutes, it has a lot more flavor, and it's (at least kind of) healthy!

1 comment:

lala said...

*mouth watering*