May 20, 2009

Cookie overload

 
80 cookies is way too many.  I was told to make two cookie recipes for a get together my mom was having; I doubled the peanut butter cookies (since they only made 20) and halved the cowgirl cookies (they originally made 80).  So I was left with 40 and 40.  
Both pictures are from the first time I made the cookies.  This time I halved the filling in the peanut butter cookies since they were way too rich before.  The cowgirl cookies were better the first time, so I must have added extra white chocolate to them.
Still delicious though.


Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies

1  ⅓ cups flour

½ teas baking soda

½ teas salt (I don’t fill the measuring spoon up all the way, maybe ¾ full)

½ cup butter, softened

½ cup brown sugar (I only fill it up ¾ of the way)

½ cup granulated sugar (I use a ¼ cup)

1 egg

1 teas vanilla extract

½ cup peanut butter


Topping:

⅛ cup roasted peanuts (unsalted, unless you really like salt)

⅛ cup sugar

¼ teas cinnamon


Filling: (halved)

¼ cup peanut butter

¼ cup powdered sugar


Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.  Cream the butter and both sugars.  Beat in egg, then vanilla and peanut butter.  Add in the flour mixture slowly.  Shape into a log 3” in diameter on parchment paper and chill until firm, about 2 hours.

Combine topping ingredients in a bowl. 

Cream together both filling ingredients.  Shape into 20 balls.  Cut the chilled dough log lengthwise in half, then make 10 even cuts to separate into 20 pieces.  Roll into balls and flatten.  Place one filling ball into each flattened dough ball, and gently cover the filling with the outer dough.  Smooth into a ball and roll in the topping.  Flatten gently with the back of a glass on pan.  Bake at 375F for 9-11 minutes.  Makes 20 cookies.



Cowgirl Cookies (halved)

¾ cup butter, softened

¼ + ⅛ cup granulated sugar (I use ¼ cup)

1  ⅛ cups brown sugar (I use a tiny bit less than 1 cup)

1  ½ eggs

½ teas vanilla extract

1 teas almond extract

1  ½ cups flour

¾ teas baking soda

¼ + ⅛ teas salt

1  ½ cup oats

¾ cup coconut

.5 oz white chocolate chips (I used more and it still wasn’t enough- I’ll try 3-4 oz)

1.75 oz macadamia nuts, chopped (I used a bit more, maybe 2.5)


Combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats.  Cream butter and both sugars.  Beat in egg, add vanilla and almond extracts.  Add in dry, then coconut, white chocolate and nuts.  Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.  Makes 40.

No comments: