August 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Phase?

I've only had three kinds of girl scout cookies: Thin Mints, Samoas, and those buttery square ones with chocolate on the bottom. I found a recipe for homemade Do-si-dos and my peanut butter taste buds went bonkers. They're two peanut butter oatmeal cookies with a peanut butter filling! Mmm, they were very good. Although if I make them again I'll use less butter in the filling. I actually used homemade butter for this recipe! While making the strawberry shortcake whipped cream, I accidentally made butter from over beating the cream. It turned out to be the perfect amount for this recipe, and they baked fine!
Recipe from Baking Bites.

Then the other night I made some very easy chocolate pudding, and used it in a pudding-banana-melted peanut butter sundae. There's no ice cream, but I don't know what else to call it. Maybe a pudding parfait? There's not as much peanut butter in there as it looks, it kind of mashed against the glass so it looks like a sickening amount. It was good, though very filling.

4 comments:

jessica said...

ACCIDENTAL BUTTER FINDS A PURPOSE!

mmm.

by the way, now that i know where you live, i might randomly stop by in the middle of the night and raid your kitchen...

Beth said...

Haha...don't mind if you do!

lala said...

isnt it happy when things turn out well? i was wondering where that butter went to...or what it went to

Beth said...

It has travelled through my digestive system and beyond!