September 26, 2009

Can I eat this every morning?


For my breakfast this morning....an even better version of baked oatmeal!  The first two times I made this, I added cinnamon and apples to the recipe, and this time I also tossed in some raisins.  Also, because it was a bit dry before, I added an extra tablespoon of butter and a drop more milk.  
It's all crumbly in the picture because I didn't wait until it cooled all the way to cut it.  But I think I like it better that way.  I'm making some more of this tonight to bake in the morning!
Like my pretty new plate?  It's from Impact (only a dollar!) and matches my green cup wonderfully.


Amish Baked Oatmeal
1  1/2 cups oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teas. cinnamon
1/2 cup milk (plus a splash more)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 teas. baking powder
2 teas. vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 apple, chopped
Raisins


Preheat oven to 350F.  Combine oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Add milk, butter, and egg.  Mix in baking powder, vanilla, and salt.  Stir in apple pieces and throw in some raisins.  Pour evenly into an 8 x 8" pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.  Top with vanilla yogurt!

3 comments:

lala said...

looks way better than the stuff i get...which should come as no surprise

Meg said...

This is probably one of the only things on your blog that i could actually make

Beth said...

You should try it sometime!