September 19, 2009

Too good to be allowed.

Finally I found a chocolate chip cookie recipe that doesn't produce flat cookies!  They are also the most delicious cookies of their kind, or at least, that I have found so far.  
I tried out dark chocolate chips for most of the dough, and peanut butter chips for the rest. Both were super delicious when dipped in hot chocolate!


Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups plus 2 tables flour
1/2 teas baking soda
1 teas salt
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled until just warm
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 teas vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips 


Preheat oven to 325F.  Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
Cream butter and sugars.  Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.  Stir in the flour, followed by the chips. Roll dough into tiny balls on a non-stick pan.  Bake for 15-17 minutes, until they are just turning light brown all over.  Makes 30 small cookies.

4 comments:

lala said...

they were delish, but how come i didnt get any peanut chip ones!?

and lol, my dad always makes flat chocolate chip cookies and they are bleck

Beth said...

Because they were gone before you got a chance to nom on them! I set aside some dough to make peanut butter chip ones specially for my dad, because he can't eat chocolate. But there weren't as many as the regular....a 21/9 ratio, I believe.

Meg said...

I ate some stale gingersnaps today, that's about as good as it gets over my way. I hate both of you, lala and beth, thanks for sharing... Vermont's not THAT far.
:***(

Beth said...

Sorry Megs! :|
I have to make some of these for you, they are a billion times better than stale gingersnaps!