September 8, 2009

Why can't I be covered in beautiful feathers?

Duck feathers, Parrot feathers! Chicken feathers! Peacock and Guinea Fowl feathers!
Oh my!

I had to work for those hen feathers. There were tons of them in various hen cages, and I had to poke a stick through the chicken wire to act as a really long finger to pull them out. I'm very ambitious when it comes to these things...
And the peacock really did not want me to take his feathers. I bent down to pick some up that were halfway outside of his cage, and he came charging over to my fingers. I tried again on the other side, and he kept following me! After, when he thought I wasn't looking, he pecked at one of the feathers and then ate it. Strange.

4 comments:

lala said...

where did you get them from?
love that, "strange"

Beth said...

Various places on vacation.

jessica said...

ahh i love these, birds are my favorite. i have a huge jar of peacock feathers in my room. :]

also: the yogurt cake looks amazing, i've never heard of that before!

Beth said...

Oo, jealous! Maybe we will be reincarnated as birds :]