November 14, 2009

A non-existing occasion is special enough for me.


Owl cookies!  Well....I tried anyway.  The originals are much prettier and more owl-like.  Please look: Chocolate and Vanilla Hoot Owl Cookies.  
I was about to make these cookies when my sister doubted their awesomeness.  She asked me (rough quote) why bother if we're just going to eat them?  It's not like the cookies are for anyone or for a special occasion.  
I then asked her what is the point of anything, with that attitude?  And I said, "Well.  If it doesn't matter, then I will just make you cookies out of poop."  (Mmm, my dog would love those!)
So clearly, I don't belong in my family.  They think it's odd that I never (or very rarely) bake something twice.  Uhhh, the whole point is to try new recipes that sound super tasty.  I have a whole collection, so why would I let them sit around and only bake 5 things over and over?  MAJOR HARRUMPH.

9 comments:

lala said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooo!
"i want this drool neat!"

jessica said...

but the BEST part of baking is decorating and making someone smile! :)

Beth said...

Hhaha. Yay, all three!

Beth said...

Exactly! Goodness me. I will just have to make my own family of people who are on the same page as me.

lala said...

maybe thats the key! we would all eat your goodies...

Meg said...

i just love that they all have something to say but it doesn't stop them from eating everything.

Beth said...

It's kinda like "Well, that's a dumb idea but I'll eat them anyway!"

lala said...

yeah, the only things we would say are:
"plz beth, can i have some more?"
"mmm" "yumm" *burp*
"thank you!!"
and them maybe later we would get into the "can we make it together?" or "can i have the recipe?"

Beth said...

You might just have to adopt me :]