January 12, 2010

And I fight through crowds once more.

After dinner, my mom spontaneously decided to go back to Whole Foods, so we went (this time with my sister).  Unfortunately only a fraction of the samples were left from what was out this morning, but to make up for it we bought these beauts (plus some caramel-glazed cinnamon buns):

Fruit tart with pastry cream, cheesecake brownie, and a raspberry & blackberry cheesecake (posing with an old whiskey jar found in the depths of our basement....which was going to be thrown out!).
My favorite was definitely the fruit tart, although I would have made it with a graham cracker crust, not a  firm so-so crust.  And #2 would be the cheesecake brownie, #3 the cinnamon buns, and then the berry cheesecake.
Oh the joys of stuffing ourselves with pricey desserts.

3 comments:

lala said...

sigh, if only they werent so expensive

meg said...

oh you mean the doors were actually open to the public?

Beth said...

Yeah, they opened on the 12th. I love how we tried to get in before it was open.