January 12, 2010

Late night food explorations.


I had an abrupt idea last night to make inside out s'mores, so I did.  AND IT WAS DELICIOUS!!  
Shopping List: Soft chocolate cookies (like Archway), marshmallows, and graham crackers!  
Do it.  It's calling.  It wants to be in your mouth.  


And before that, I tried out this Chai tea recipe.  Oh my....the third picture down is so beautiful.  It tasted kind of weird though....I don't think I liked the black pepper in it.  I had it for breakfast along with two of these carrot muffins:

Yum.  
Today I went to the grand opening of a new Whole Foods and ate lots of free samples!  I can't believe I didn't take my camera....they had Emu eggs for sale!  So pretty.  I was wondering how big the yolk was, and I found these pictures:  Huge.  That's a lot of egg.  I think they were $20 per egg, if I remember correctly.

5 comments:

lala said...

awww, id feel so bad eating one, its such a pretty color! besides that, they are emus?

Beth said...

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to eat one either. One, because they're so expensive. And two, I don't want to eat a would-be baby Emu....even though I'm used to eating would-be baby chickens.

meg said...

nooo noooooo don't adulterate a s'more, what did they do to you?

goddammit. i want those carrot muffins. you still have the magazine with all those cookies and brownies i want?

that's a pretty egg!

meg said...

holy shit i just clicked the link that says 'huge.'


=O

Beth said...

But it was soo delicious!
We must make them sometime. They are outstanding.
Of course! I'm not going to throw that out :]
I KNOW...it's crazy!!