I snazzed-up some storage jars I had (that house my old wooden thread spools, wine corks, and coin collection) by covering the tops with paper...idea from Design Sponge. Gosh, I wish I had the pretty papers in that post.
AND.....I made a photo studio! This is a kind of behind the scenes shot of the above right jar photo:
I didn't have a lamp for the right side of the box when I took this, but it came out fine enough. Anyway, I used this tutorial (which says '$10 photo studio', but mine cost $0!). It basically consists of taking a box and completely gutting/mutilating it! It was a lot of cutting.