March 20, 2010

Afternoon quickie.

I made a bunting, see!:
Found here.
An Indigo Bunting!  Get it?  No?  Ok.
No, really, I made a bunting:
You know, those things that are usually triangles on a string?  Or they said 'H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !', one letter on each triangle?  Yeah, well this one is a half-circle bunting, made with (mostly) vintage-looking cloth.  I'm not sure if the prints are reproductions, or if they're just vintage-inspired prints.  They came together in a little stack I bought a while ago, each one just a tiny square piece.
A bunch of scraps I can't bear to throw away, even though I probably can't use them for anything because they're so tiny.  Don't they kind of look like little undies?
Bunting tutorial here.

2 comments:

Boomka said...

Words like "bunting" usually don't bring to mind crafts for most people but since my mother was craft minded and did things like window treatments I will speak up in conversations and say things like well... window treatments and people look at me like I have 6 heads. This does not earn me cool points. Granted I don't think people are still handing out cool points, but, ya know... what am I even saying?

Beth said...

Haha, I talk like that too! Cool points? I hand them out. And you get some.

Actually, if people don't think of crafts when they hear that word, it's also true that most people have never heard of the bird 'indigo bunting'. So....what's left? They'd probably stare at us like crazy.