March 16, 2010

Pieee.

My dad requested a peach pie made with some frozen white peaches we had previously bought and cut up.  So here it is, with vanilla ice cream and a pie crust cookie!  Peach pie isn't my favorite, but I still can't get over how good the shortening crust is.
With the second crust, I tried out something I had my eye on for a while:
 

Strawberry tart with orange cream!  It's a tart shell filled with orange-flavored cream cheese and topped with strawberries.  The recipe says to brush the strawberries with apricot jam, but I made an apricot jam and lemon curd mixture to use as a side dip.  I love strawberries, and with the cream cheese and amazing crust it was just....and the dip....  Mm, really good together.

3 comments:

lala said...

drool.

Beth said...

Someday, you WILL eat that strawberry cream cheese pie. Because I will make some. And put it in your mouth.

lala said...

and i will eat it.